Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fragile Tree Limb?

Do you ever feel like you've walked out onto an unstable branch of your tree, I sure everyone goes through this, I think that I have found one in my tree. Last month when I went to New Ringgold, Pa. to take photos of the Zehner family, I thought WOW, I've finally found the first settlers to this country for a branch of my family. Well, here's my puzzle, Anna Catherine Zehner/Zahner(b.1702) who married Andreas Andrew Harter(b.1699) in Germany, Anna is my 5x grandmother, her father according to Mary Harter's Book "The Harter History" is Peter Zehner (according to the marriage records in Germany). The Zehners and Harter's come from the same village in Germany, so far I'm unable to put them together.

Ancestory.com has Peter Zehner(b.1675) married to Barbara Gotslieg (ukn).

So I've got to find if they are of the same Zehner family tree, I'll have to find the book "The Zehners-Hoppes Family" of Berks County, Pa. I'm sure this book will be able to either help me make the branch more stable, or simply keep it a weak branch.

Don't you just love family research?

No comments:

Post a Comment